Water Damage To Shaver Lake Home
This Shaver Lake home sustained major water damage throughout after subzero temperatures caused pipes to burst. The restoration process required replacement of the flooring and baseboards. Drywall was repaired and the walls were painted. The affected area was thoroughly cleaned and deodorized.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
If your home or business is damaged by smoke, fire or water, call the experts at SERVPRO of Fresno Northeast / Shaver Lake at 559-797-4041.