Fire Damage in Home
This fire damage happened in June of 2019 in a new two month old home. Fire damages are more common than people think and often start in the kitchen. In this particular case, the customers over caught on fire and the food that was wrapped in plastic exploded. The fire quickly spread and the homeowner put water on it thinking it would contain the fire. Many people don't realize that if the fire is a grease fire you need to smoother the fire by eliminating oxygen. This can be done through a large heavy blanket or in throwing flour on the item on fire. If you put water on the grease that is on fire it will actually spread and become unmanageable. Sadly, this was the case for this customer. All of his belongings were damaged either by fire or smoke damage.
Here at SERVPRO of Fresno Northeast/Shaver lake we work hard to make this traumatic experience the best it can be. We have vendors that specializes in restoring damaged items, including sentimental photographs. If ever this happens to you, please give us a call at any time. We are always here to help!