If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (559) 797-4041

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire Safety in Your Fresno/Shaver Lake Home

9/1/2021 (Permalink)

Fall is quickly approaching! That means all of the fall activities are about to begin in the Fresno/Shaver Lake are, if they haven’t already! One popular item associated with the fall season is the candle. If a house smells like fall, it feels like home. SERVPRO® of Fresno NE/Shaver Lake knows that candle fires happen and even though candles are small, the damage of a residential fire by a candle can turn out to be larger than expected.

Here are some candle fire safety tips for the Boulder area:

  • When lighting a candle in the home, keep the candle at least twelve inches away from anything that can burn
  • Try to avoid keeping a lit candle in bedrooms, bathrooms or sleeping areas
  • Do not leave a lit candle where a child or family pet can access or reach it

One more important candle safety tip will tie to one of the above tips about not leaving a lit candle in the bathroom. When cleaning a bathroom using aerosol chemicals, this becomes extremely dangerous if there is a lit candle nearby. Aerosols are highly flammable and this can cause an explosion of sorts – please practice safety first and share this tip with friends and family who may not be aware of it.

If a Fresno/SHaver Lake home catches fire for any reason, including a candle, please call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno NE/Shaver Lake so we can help clean up the fire mess and damage.

Other News

View Recent Posts