Fire Safety in Your Fresno/Shaver Lake Home
Fall is quickly approaching! That means all of the fall activities are about to begin in the Fresno/Shaver Lake are, if they haven’t already! One popular item associated with the fall season is the candle. If a house smells like fall, it feels like home. SERVPRO® of Fresno NE/Shaver Lake knows that candle fires happen and even though candles are small, the damage of a residential fire by a candle can turn out to be larger than expected.
Here are some candle fire safety tips for the Boulder area:
- When lighting a candle in the home, keep the candle at least twelve inches away from anything that can burn
- Try to avoid keeping a lit candle in bedrooms, bathrooms or sleeping areas
- Do not leave a lit candle where a child or family pet can access or reach it
One more important candle safety tip will tie to one of the above tips about not leaving a lit candle in the bathroom. When cleaning a bathroom using aerosol chemicals, this becomes extremely dangerous if there is a lit candle nearby. Aerosols are highly flammable and this can cause an explosion of sorts – please practice safety first and share this tip with friends and family who may not be aware of it.
If a Fresno/SHaver Lake home catches fire for any reason, including a candle, please call the trained professionals at SERVPRO of Fresno NE/Shaver Lake so we can help clean up the fire mess and damage.